Seiko 5 Sports
Seiko 5 Sports Watches
Launched in 1968, the Seiko 5 Sports model included all of the five attributes of a general Seiko 5 (automatic movement, water resistance, day and date display, recessed crown and durable case), but updated to the standard expected of a diver's watch - but still for the same, excellent value as a Seiko 5. Modifications to the case, bezel and dial include the following details:
- The Seiko 5 Sports model comes with a 42.5 mm diameter case, 13.4 mm high.
- The case comes in a choice of either stainless steel or hardened steel, or a rose-gold PVD coating.
- Water resistant to 100m.
- One-way faceted bezel and Hardlex glass
- Seiko's standard Lumbrite coating
- Bracelets which come in a variety of styles and materials - traditional steel bracelet, leather-rubber, plaited rubber, and a NATO-style nylon strap.
The Seiko 5 Sports watch utilizes a 4R36 movement, well-known for its accuracy and robustness. It comes with a power reserve of 41 hours and a magnetic resistance of Class 2, so it can well withstand the magnetic fields of your everyday home appliances.